Thursday, January 24, 2013

Motherhood


Motherhood has been one of the most amazing journeys of my life.  We think we as parents that we are the ones teaching our children, but really, they are the ones teaching us. In her short sixteen months on this earth, my daughter has taught me so many life lessons that have failed to sink in before.


She has taught me to simply slow down and enjoy the day to day moments, which if you really know me, is something I have struggled with my entire life. I've learned to have patience above and beyond what I thought I was capable of, especially for three in the morning. Before having a baby, I thought I understood what it meant to put others before yourself. To be honest, I hadn't the slightest idea. Babies don’t give you the option of putting yourself first. She has shown me that having a perfectly clean house is overrated, and that making a mess can provide loads of fun and entertainment.  She has taught me the true meaning of unconditional love.


I may have rushed into motherhood at a young age (like everything else I do did), but I have learned through my daughter that I am exactly where I am supposed to be.







No comments:

Post a Comment